Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Windows 7 oddity

I was compiling my assignment 1 today and I noticed that the screen wasn't clearing when it should be. I ran the code before I upgraded to Windows 7 and it worked fine. Sometimes, some characters aren't being output. To be on the safe side, I had a colleague of mine run the code on Windows XP and he didn't experience any problems. I'm concerned about this, since I don't want to donwgrade to Vista, and there isn't any other computers at home that I can use. If anybody else notices these problems, or even better has a way to fix this problems, let me know.

Update: The compile I was using is VCC (I'm using Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition).

2 comments:

  1. Were you compiling on Borland or VCC? I have had no problems with screen clearing on the VCC build with Windows 7.

    ReplyDelete